Good evening stamping friends. Thanks to everyone who has reached out to me on this blog. I am really loving this new adventure and I hope I have something to offer you. I have been indecisive about which cards to include in this months stamp class and I think this simple monochromatic card is going to make the cut.
My inspiration came from Pinterest but I did change it up a little. The original Debbie’s Designs can be found here. Debbie’s Design
Swallowtail Birthday Card Tutorial
- Cut a sheet of thick Whisper White card stock in half lengthwise at 4.25 inches. Fold in half to form your card base.
- Stamp the Swallowtail at a slight angle towards the fold of the card using Calypso Coral ink. Then use scissors to trim around the right edge of the Swallowtail wing.
- Take the scrap piece of whisper white that you trimmed off and stamp two of the tiny butterflies from Papillon Potpourri in Calypso Coral. Use the Bitty Butterfly punch to punch them out and set them aside. Use the larger butterfly from the same stamp set and stamp the butterfly on the inside right of your card as shown. This is visible when the card is closed. Adhere the tiny butterflies over them and fluff the wings.
- Stamp the sentiment from Butterfly Basics in the top left corner of your card. Use the postmark stamp as shown. Open your card and stamp the diagonal stripe to the bottom inside edge of your card.
- Stamp the sentiment.
- Use the fern stamp on the inside left of your card. I stamped off on a piece of scrap paper first for a softer effect.
- Embellish with rhinestones and you are done.
That’s all for today! It’s been a busy day here for our family. Church this morning and then a picnic lunch at Greers Ferry Lake and then on to a house we are remodeling but that’s another crafty project! I would love for you to post pictures in the comments if you recreate this card.