Hello everyone! My children started back to school yesterday and as much as I hated to see them go and summer come to an end it meant a little crafty time for me to prepare for an upcoming class. This card is bright and cheery and the sentiments can be changed to fit so many occasions. This card took me back to third grade drawing rainbows and puffy clouds.
Keep Looking Up
- Cut a sheet of 8.5 x 11 thick whisper white card stock in half lengthwise at 4.25 inches. Score at 5.5 inches and fold in half.
- Using black Stazon stamp the word rainbow on a scrap of thick whisper white card stock.
- Using the small paint stroke stamp stamp each letter with the corresponding ink. R- real red, A- pumpkin pie, I- daffodil delight, N- cucumber crush, B- pacific point, O- tempting turquoise, W- wisteria wonder.
- Using your scissors cut around the word leaving the dot on the I intact.
- Press the front of the cut out piece into versa mark using your fingers. Sprinkle iridescent ice embossing powder over the versa mark and tap off the excess. Use an embossing gun to heat the embossing powder till clear and shiny.
- Stamp the sun in the upper right corner of the card. Use 3 dimensionals on the back of the rainbow and place slightly below the sun.
- Stamp the sentiments in the upper left corner and lower right corner using black Stazon.
- Use the cupcake builder punch to punch 4 clouds from thick whisper white card stock. Place the 4 clouds in the decorative dots embossing folder and emboss in your big shot. Use the brush edge of a Bermuda bay marker to edge or clouds. Place on the card front and trim from the back as necessary.
- Open the card and stamp the sentiment of your choice. I used ” God gives us rainbows to remind us of hope” in black Stazon.
- Stamp the sun in daffodil delight on the envelope in the return address area. Flip the envelope over and emboss the flap of the envelope with the decorative dots embossing folder and then you have a beautiful cheery card to send to someone in need of a pick me up.
Don’t forget to check out the weekly deals from Stampin Up.